Tuesday, September 18, 2012

To Do List To Do


Hi everyone,
Unfortunately, I am away at Isfeld this afternoon. I was booked into an important district meeting at the end of last year, so even though I did not see you on Monday because I was sick, I have to go.
So, once again, I am going to give you a huge to-do list. Please email me tara.colborne@sd71.bc.ca if you have questions. I may be able to be online during my meeting.
All
·         If you have not already done so, complete the Personal Mission Statement. Don’t know what this is? Find a classmate who can tell you.
·         Have we got a photo of you yet? You can email me a digital one. I’d like to get a leadership bulletin board going – with names and faces...
·         Are you attached to an organizing group? If not, you need to select a project to work on. See Below...
·         Go and like Highland Leadership on Facebook.
·         Send me an email telling me in point form what you accomplished this week. If you have questions, ask them. J 
Terry Fox Run
·         Where are the announcements? Email them to me today, please. (“Did you know?”s about Terry Fox, or a trivia contest – these need to be typed up and emailed – with a reminder about the date) ex. The Terry Fox Run will be held on Thursday, Sept 27th – bring in your Toonies for Terry. Every two dollars raised earns you a ticket to a draw for some amazing prizes. Prizes will also be awarded for costumes – think pink hair, tutus, Halloween costumes... whatever you can think of, you can run in.” ETC>..
·         Where was the lunchtime jellybean table yesterday?
·         Where is the step by step plan at? It should be typed up or written out and photocopied and submitted to me. I have no idea what I can do to help. Please communicate with me.
·         Get banners up – put the emphasis on the date. What’s your catchy line going to be?
·         FYI– ask Mr. Grantham about the ipad – it may be up in the air.
·         Don’t forget that every two dollars that you donate gets you a ticket for a draw to major prizes, the house that raises the most money gets to die their VP’s hair blue/gold. We need to state our goals.
·         Is the dedication board made yet? I’m running for...
·         Etc... please do not let my absence stop you from progressing. MR. Grantham will be coming to visit to talk to you about the ticket process. We need to get these out to AG teachers ASAP.
·         Ask me for help. Talk to me... J


Spirit Day – Formal vs. Hawaiian.
·         Create a poster. Make it “pop.”
·         Pick a new date.
·         Create some banners.
·         Email me some announcements with a list of what days to send them out on...

Facebook/Social Media
·         Can someone make the page better looking?
·         I want 200 FB likes by the end of next week – make it happen – spread the word.
·         Post something about the Terry Fox Run – link to the foundation website... maybe we can figure out if kids can donate online.
·         Twitter – if you are on there, please follow us: https://twitter.com/HighlandLeaders

Random Acts of Kindness – I saw only ONE quote go up after last class... who wants to watch the Together We Are Invincible video and record all those quotes and put them up around the school?
Create Your Own Event Idea – type up a proposal/plan. Brainstorm.
Create a Dance Proposal - to Submit in a formal meeting with Ms. Swanson. I suggested to her:
What about graduated dances?
  • In grade 8, you get a daytime dance, of only 2 hours length, with only a basic DJ, and parent volunteers.
  • If you caused no problems in grade 8, you are allowed to attend grade 9 and 10 dances. They are in the early evening 6 - 8, better DJ.
  • If you stayed out of trouble at dances in grades 9 and 10, you get to go to a real high school dance 7-10, full DJ show... 
What do you think would be best for successful dances? Type it up!

Leadership cannot really be taught. It can only be learned. 
Harold S. Geneen 

(Go out there and learn to lead, people... You can do this... J )


No comments:

Post a Comment