Sunday, October 2, 2011

Just another Manic Monday

1) We Day Applications are due... I will let you know by the end of the day...
2) It's October! Time to reflect...

We started the class with some questions. We had some answers... but we were naive.
Let's discuss some again. This time we'll make time for quiet reflective writing, and then we will all share one at a time.

What is the character of a leader like?
Answer in 100 words or more...

Share.

3) Brainstorm - Project Ideas

Community - soup kitchen, SPCA, comox council, pedestrian bridge, Comox Valley Peaceful Direct Action Coalition

School - Winter Holiday assembly, recycling, random acts of kindness, holiday event - halloween, FB page, public art project, a Night of the Notables, Flash Mob dance, School Video of some sort....

Personal - 7 Habits of Effective Teens review and journal, leadership commonplace book, A Leader to Me Profile (see example), Interview with mentor...

International - international food fest, ready The World Needs your Child for ideas... charity, etc...

4) Habits Review and Habit #4 -

Habit 1 - Be Proactive
I am a responsible person. I take initiative, I CHOOSE my actions, attitudes and moods. I do not blame others for my worng actions. I do the right thing without being asked, even when no one is looking.

Habit 2 - Begin with the The End in Mind
I plan ahead and set goals. I have a personal mission statement. I keep my values at my centre. I do things that have meaning and make a difference. I am an important part of my school and my community and I look for ways to be a good citizen.

Habit 3 - Put First Things First
I spend time on things that are most important. This means I say no to things I know I should not do. I set priorities, make a schedule, and follow my plan. I am disciplined and organized.

Habit 4 - Think Win-Win
I balance the courage to go after the things I want with consideration for what others want. I make deposits in other's emotional bank accounts. When conflicts arise, I look for third alternatives.

Win-Win Activity:

No comments:

Post a Comment